DEB’S CREATIVE ESCAPE

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Birthday Card for a Princess

Other than a baby shower to go to on Saturday, Grayson was invited to a neighbor's two-year-old birthday party. I made the little princess her own card. I got this stamp set from Lizzie Anne Designs a while back at my LSS and haven't really had an occasion to use it until now. Well, I guess I have had occasion, but forgot I had it. I don't really have all the cool colors or Copics or whatever you use to color these kind of images in. I'm still out of the loop on that one, but I'm making do with what I have right now. I actually used some paint mixed with some crystal Stickles. It turned out okay. I painted the chipboard scallop frame and the "2" with the same paint color. The brown behind the stripe paper is actually felt from Michael's, I think. I don't even know what this paper is called, but it came in a kit type thing and it is so cute for little girls' birthdays. The striped paper was run through my Sizzix with my Cuttlebug embossing folder. I still don't have a Cuttlebug, but they work pretty good in the Sizzix. I used a die cut that came with the kit and stamped "Happy Birthday, Princess" on the inside. I can't wait to put this in Madison's mailbox tomorrow since the 19th is actually her birthday. I will make her a little tag or something to put on her present for Saturday.

0 comments: