DEB’S CREATIVE ESCAPE

Sunday, February 8, 2009

"Happy Birthday To You" Card



Here is the other card I entered into the contest. I didn't quite get the baby card I needed done last night. I couldn't find any paper that I wanted to use. I know I have some here somewhere in this mess that I could use, but I wouldn't have been up all night finding it. I have been cleaning up in my scrap room today, so maybe I can find it and get it made this week. My shower isn't until the 21st, so I still have a weekend to get it done. I loved the ribbon on this card, the color and the width of it. The big black and white element in the middle and the months strip is actually a free digi download by Jennifer Pebbles from Two Peas. I'm not sure about entering these contests since I don't have the latest and greatest things, but I have to start somewhere. Hopefully, it will get me comfortable in entering things and one day I will have new products to use and might actually have a chance. There were so many great entries.



I took Grayson to get pictures made today at Portrait Innovations. This was my first time, and I had been warned that they will try to get you to buy more than what you went in for. I just wanted some Valentine's pictures for Grayson's grandpa, whose birthday is actually on the 14th, and for Grayson's dad too. I got six Valentine photo cards, which was the perfect number to send out to all the grandparents, great grandmothers, and great aunt. Luckily, I only was in love with a couple, so that made it easy not to overspend on pictures. I got out of there for $26, which I thought was great.

0 comments: