DEB’S CREATIVE ESCAPE

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

My New Addiction.....Vinyl!






I absolutely love cutting vinyl on the Cricut. I have been obsessed with it the past few weeks, monogramming everything. I sold my little bug a while back in hopes of getting an Expression later on. Well, that hasn't happened yet, but my friend Kristi bought one and hadn't used it yet. I told her about the SCAL program that she could use with it instead of buying all the different cartridges. I borrowed her Expression and loaded her SCAL on my laptop and started playing so I could figure it out first and then show her how to use it. SCAL is the most amazing program. It can cut any font and cut dingbats and any SVG file. I haven't really played much with Inkscape to create my own files yet, but there are so many generous and talented people out there that are sharing the files they created. If you haven't purchased your SCAL program, you can click here: http://www.craftedge.com/ Of course, now there is SCAL2, which makes some things a little easier from what I'm reading. Not quite ready to deal with that yet.

0 comments: