DEB’S CREATIVE ESCAPE

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Monogrammed Church Bag



I found this cute bag at Target and knew that it was perfect for me to carry all of my son's keep-me-busy stuff to church in. He moved up a couple of weeks ago and now has to come to the worship service with me. It has two outside pockets on the other side perfect for markers, snacks, and whatever else I might need. Now I just had to make it more me.



I had been wanting to try some of the iron-on vinyl, so I finally bought a couple of different colors to try out on some things and this bag was one of them. I couldn't decide on the font, but settled on Curlz. I'm not totally satisfied with that, but it will do and looks good enough for my first project with it. I found the great directions for iron-on vinyl here. She tells you step by step how to use it in the sidebar of her blog. I bought the vinly at H&H Supply where she recommends and got the Siser Easy Weed. It really was easy to weed. Much better than regular vinyl, especially with all the curls.


I do have to say that my bag looks much better in person than in these pictures. It doesn't show up as well in the picture. I can't wait to take it to church Sunday, but in the meantime it is going to the gym with me.


Here is the bag after the vinyl transformation:






0 comments: