DEB’S CREATIVE ESCAPE

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Chalkboard/Magnetic Board



From silver tray to chalkboard. I found this great silver tray at the Dollar Tree of all places. I spray painted the whole thing with chalkboard paint and then went back and used a cream acrylic paint to paint around the edges and then antiqued it with Ralph Lauren "Smoke". Love this stuff! I also love this website too and have gotten so many ideas and have so much more to do.

The fleur de lis is from Hobby Lobby and I painted it with the same cream and used the RL smoke to antique. I did put a magnet on the back of it instead of attaching it directly to the tray so I could use it as a magnetic board too.
Sorry I don't have step by step. I always forget to take pictures as I go. I have to get better at that. I am linking to "The CSI Project." It's the Dollar Store Challenge.

Visit thecsiproject.com

3 comments:

Lessons Learned said...

That's so clever. I did something similar. I didn't know there was a chalkboard spray paint!

Anonymous said...

I made a chalkboard out of those trays also. A friend of mine did one back before Christmas and I had to try it too. I love how you added the paint around the edge.

Unknown said...

Very Very cool.
This might be a dingee question but...what is magnetic about it.
Thanks!!!